If you have some extra pieces of felt that is leftover from other crafts projects, you can turn them into this pretty felt basket with a few easy steps. It’s super easy to make, but the result is surprisingly gorgeous. This purple felt basket with flower ornaments will be a beautiful piece decor for your home. You can use other materials and colors of fabric to match your home decorations. It’s great for putting small items such as chocolates, candies and accessories inside, or simply as decoration. Happy crafting!
What you need:
- Heavy duty hole punch tool;
- Tailor’s chalk;
- Ribbon Flower ornaments;
How to do:
- Cut a piece of felt circle. The diameter of the circle depends on your desired size for the basket. In this tutorial, the diameter is about 44 cm.
- Mark down a line about 8 cm away the edge of the circle.
- Mark down the same lines every 5 cm along the edge of the circle until they are evenly distributed on the circle as shown in the pictures.
- Use scissors to cut the lines.
- Punch two holes on both sides of the cut pieces.
- Thread the cord through the holes and tie a pretty ribbon bow at the end.
- Glue the ribbon flowers on the side of the basket and here you go!