When we decorate a gift package or a greeting card, we often need to tie a satin ribbon bow. Sometimes the ribbon bow is so small that it’s not easy to make it by hand. Here is an easy and innovative way to tie a satin ribbon bow using a simple device: an ordinary table fork! Isn’t that cool? The size of the fork depends on the size of the bow. Now you don’t have excuse that you don’t know how to make a beautiful ribbon bow. Let’s try it!
What you need:
- Satin ribbon;
How to do:
- Take a four-pronged fork with the prongs facing upwards.
- Hold the ribbon around the left side of the fork. For easy illustrations, we will label one end of the ribbon as A and the other part as B, as shown in the picture.
- Pass part B over part A at the front of the fork and between the center two prongs of the fork.
- Pull part B up and again pass it between the center two prongs of the fork over the bow.
- Pass part B through the knot and pull to the right of the fork.
- Pull both ends of the ribbon tight.
- Slip the ribbon bow from the fork.
- Trim ends to your desired length. Enjoy!