DIY Mosaic Tile Garden Stepping Stones
Do you want to add a sweet touch to your backyard with some handmade garden crafts? Here is a nice DIY project to make beautiful mosaic tile garden stepping stones. These stepping stones are so unique with a variety of bright colors and shapes of mosaic tiles. They are actually simple to make. Make a beautiful garden path with these mosaic stepping stones and it will become a spotlight in your garden. Enjoy!
What you need:
- A plastic basin;
- Mosaic tiles;
- Kraft paper;
- PVA glue diluted with water in a ratio of 1:1;
- Sketch (with a diameter equal to the bottom of the basin);
- Grout (prepared immediately before pouring).
- Cut a piece of kraft paper according to the shape of the plastic wash basin and sketch your design of stepping stones on it.
- Glue the mosaic tiles on the paper according to the sketch.
- Mix together concrete and water in a plastic basin as per the instructions of the concrete.
- Oil the inside of the basin. This will facilitate the release of the cement.
- Place the kraft paper in the basin with the mosaic tiles side down and pour liquid cement to your desired length (about 2.5 to 3 cm).
- Flatten the surface and leave to dry for a day or two away from the sun.
- Take out the mold from the basin and remove the kraft paper.
- Clean the remains of the kraft paper and glue.
- For final drying, wrap each tile in a plastic bag and dry for about a week. Enjoy!